Today we’ve got a ton of exciting new stuff for you, so let’s not beat around the bush and get right to it!
First up, we have a new One-Off game called Covering Fire! that we just released.
This is a very interesting game, because it’s a platoon-sized infantry game that requires no measuring tape and has no fixed round structure.
Instead the game relies on an action/reaction system, where players keep activating their units until something happens that ends their turn, such as missing shots, having their units suppressed, or failing a morale test.
As an infantry game focussed on rifle and mg squads all units are always assumed to be in range, and movement is done in a straight line from cover to cover, so no measuring is required at all, making for a super fast experience.
What’s really cool about this is that since there are no measurements in the game you can play it with both 15mm or 28mm, without having to adapt any of the rules.
The game was heavily inspired by Corssfire, however in the future we’re planning on giving it a stronger OPR flavor, adding quality values, special rules, and vehicles.
Give it a go whenever you can, it’s super fast to play and we can use all the feedback we can get. :D
One-Off Games Updates
Since we’re already talking about one-off games, we’ve also gone ahead and updated Double Tap and Orion’s Gate (now re-name to War Fleets), following a lot of the suggestions given to us by the community.
We’re really happy to see so many people are playing the one-off games and are looking forward to releasing more in the future, so please keep your feedback and suggestions coming.
Here the patch notes:
- Added rules for Frag Grenades, Flash Grenades and Smoke Grenades
- Re-worked cover and elevation rules
Orion’s Gate / War Fleets
- Changed the game’s name to War Fleets to make it more setting independent
- Raised the recommended point value to 300pts
- Initiative now changes between rounds
- Ramming ships now suffer less damage than rammed ships
- Re-worked stats for most weapon components
- Re-worked boarding rules to make them more balanced
Grimdark Future + Age of Fantasy Updates
Finally let’s talk about our main line of games.
For Grimdark Future we have a lot of small patches here and there, but what’s most relevant is that we’ve been adding some new units to the game, especially for the recently released Battle Sisters models.
Additionally we also released a new Prime Brothers vehicle, and after a lot of feedback from our Firefight players we have modified the standard special rules of Pathfinders, giving players a cheaper option so they can get more units on the field.
For Age of Fantasy on the other hand we’ve released a completely new faction for the Clans of the War Cry, the Tyrant Clan. This faction focusses on reliable melee warriors with a good quality value, backed by some varied heroes.
Then we also updated a couple of armies based off player’s feedback, adding some new models for the Dwarves and Ratmen, as well as modifiying a lot of different smaller things which will hopefully give players what they want.
Here the full patch notes:
- Added new unit: Prime Brothers Anti-Grav APC
- Pathfinders can now take Scout as an upgrade instead of having it by default
- Aggro Brothers now have 2x Fist-Carbines
- Added new units: Crusaders, Cult Assassins, Support Walker
- Heroes can now be mounted on a Holy Anti-Grav Pulpit
- Re-worked Assault Sister into an Energy Sword and a Double Pistol version
- Agony Whips now have Poison and Rending
- Fixed upgrade list selection for Raven Bombers and Razor Fighters
- Added new unit: Dark Engineer
- Heroes can now take Energy Hammers
Havoc Brother Disciples
- All Lords of Havoc can now take Energy Hammers
- Lords of War can now take Heavy Cleavers
- Lords of Plague can now take a ton of new melee weapons
- Lords of Lust can now take Noise Rifles and Lust Whips
Human Defense Force
- Fixed cost of Sniper Squads
- Shamans now have the Bad Shot rule
- Jetpack Orcs can now upgrade up to two models with better weapons
- Fixed upgrade list selection for Sepcialist Orcs
Age of Fantasy
- Added new unit: Balloon Master
Clans of the War Cry
- Added new faction: Tyrant Clan
- Added missing faction: Agony Clan
- Re-worked hero weapon upgrades
Havoc Warrior Disciples
- Lords of Havoc now all have A4
- Re-worked hero weapon upgrades
- Added new unit: Greater Rat Daemon
- Warlocks now have A3 in melee
- Re-worked hero upgrade lists
- Storm Troopers now have only Halberds again
- Warriors and Storm Troopers can take Weapon Teams again
- Tunnel Drills and Tunnel Gauntlets have Ambush again
- Censer Chariots and Bell Chariots are now individual units
That’s it for today, we’re really excited to see how players like Covering Fire! and we’ll be back next week with an interesting proposition for our community. ;)
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules