Today we’ve got a major update for the Full Rulebooks, as well as some updates to the core rules for all of our games. Let’s dig in!
New Full Rulebooks
Since the initial release of the Full Rulebooks about a year ago we’ve gotten a ton of great feedback from our players, and so over the past couple of months we’ve been working on updating the Full Rulebooks to make them even more awesome.
These new versions of the Full Rulebooks are jam-packed with new and updated content to enhance your games, ranging from smaller things like extra missions and actions, to big total conversions like rules for apocalyptic games or playing with small-scale minis.
Here a list of all the new and updated stuff you will find:
- New Terrain Placement rules, with 6 placement styles
- New Side-Missions rules, with 3 play styles and 18 side-missions
- New Deployment Styles rules, with 6 deployment types
- New Tactical Points rules, with 15 strategic doctrines
- Updated Extra Missions rules, with 6 mission types
- Updates Extra Actions rules, with 2 new actions
- Updated Solid Buildings rules, now with collateral damage rules
- Updated Random Events rules, with 18 new events
- Updated Battlefield Conditions rules, with 6 new conditions
- Updated Terrain & Objective Effects rules, re-written for clarity
- Updated Fog of War rules, now with shifting focus and combat fatigue rules
- Updated Brutal Damage rules, now with friendly fire, mishaps and crits rules
- Updated Suppression and Fatigue rules, re-balanced for better gameplay
- Updated Multiplayer Games rules, with 2 new play styles
- Updated Apocalyptic Games rules, re-written for clarity and playability
- Updates Small-Scales & Multi-Basing rules, re-written to be easier to play
Just as with the recent Point Calculators update, we’ve also done a major re-working of the layout, as well as adding new diagrams illustrations that show off the miniatures from a top-down perspective, and make things even easier to understand.
So, if you have been on the fence about getting the full rulebooks, or if you already own an older copy of the rulebooks, then we highly recommend that you check out the newest versions by supporting us: patreon.com/onepagerules
Note that we’ve also updated the Basic Rulebooks to reflect these changes, so if you had printed out a copy of those, then you should print out the new versions instead.
Core Rules Updates
As part of the Full Rulebook updates we’ve also gone ahead and updated a couple of the core game rules to enhance playability.
We’re changing how heroes work a little so that now you can use the unit’s quality value if the hero that’s in it has a worse quality. Also we’re making it so that now the hero always uses the defense value of the unit they join (unless they are the last model alive), streamlining the defense rolls process.
Then we found that Indirect weapons felt a little useless, so now you can fire without the -1 to hit penalty as long as you remain stationary. Finally we noticed that because of the short 12″ range on spell blocking, people ended up not really being able to use this mechanic very often, so we increased the range to 18″ to make it a better option.
On the AoF: Regiments front we’ve been struggling with how charges work for a long time, because it was too easy to charge into a unit’s flank even when standing right in front of them. Because of this units may now only pivot before charging, and not during the charge, ensuring that this won’t happen anymore.
Here the full changelog:
- Heroes may use their own morale when joining units, but aren’t forced to anymore
- Heroes always roll for defense using their unit’s defense value, unless they are the last model alive
- Indirect shots now only suffer a -1 to hit penalty when moving
- Spell blocking now has a range of 18″ instead of just 12″
- Units may only pivot before moving and must move in a straight line when using Rush/Charge.
- Ambush units must be placed over 12″ away (to avoid rear charges)
Reminder: 3D Print Models
If you want to get your hands on this month’s 3D Print models then make sure to download them before the 30th of March, as they’ll only be available via our CGTrader store after that!
Get them here:
Reminder: Limited Edition T-Shirts
If you want to get your hands on the Limited Edition T-Shirts then make sure to buy them before the 30th of March, as they’ll be gone forever after that!
Check out the store here: https://teespring.com/stores/one-page-rules
Reminder: Old Forum Closure
Finally we wanted to remind you that the Old OPR Forum is going to be shut down on the 30th of March, so make sure to save anything you need from there now, because it’s going to be deleted forever with no way to recover it.
The new forum can be found here: forum.onepagerules.com
That’s it for today, make sure to check out the new version of the full rulebooks and grab everything you can that’s going to be removed at the end of the month!
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules