Last week we ran a community wide survey, asking you all for you input on the games, the armies, the project as a whole, and much more. We’re happy to say that we got a ton of responses, and they are super interesting. :D
Let’s get to it!
Community Survey Results
Alright everyone, it’s time to take a look at the community survey results. Since this time we had a couple more questions, I am going to give a quicker rundown of the results, just so this post doesn’t get too long.
Top 5 Voted:
- Mech Combat
- Customizable Skirmish
- Small-Scale Sci-Fi
The trend seems to be pretty in line with our last survey results, but I do find it interesting that there are so many votes for customizable skirmish. I am wondering if maybe the way that the idea is titled might be giving different people different ideas of what that means, so if those that voted could leave a comment with what they expect, it would be really helpful.
This one is also very aligned with the usual trends, with Battle Brothers, Alien Hives, Robot Legions and HDF at the top, closely followed by Orc Marauders, Havoc Brothers and TAO.
Fantasy remains stable, with a much more even spread of factions played across the board. It’s sad to see that Volcanic Dwarves actually lost players, going from 4.8% on the last survey down to 1%.
The graph is a little deceiving because it has two purple sections with almost the same color, but the 24.8% one is actually “I would like to play OPR games, but still haven’t had the chance”. It’s nice to see that even with the pandemic, people are able to get in at least a couple of games a month.
As expected, the majority of people play at home, whilst the rest is evenly split between online matches and store/club games. It’s interesting to see that the percentage of online games is much much smaller than the in person games, because when looking around on discord people mostly talk about their online matches, so it sometimes give me the impression that not many people are getting to play at home.
This one was also quite expected, with most people playing pick-up matches and narrative/campaign games, and almost nobody playing tournament games. It would be fun to get some sort of tournament organized as the games get more balanced, maybe it could be done online or at some point once restrictions are lifted.
I’m not sure what to think of this one, because I suppose that most people that play competitively are also looking to play with balanced armies, so maybe the way that the question was phrased was not right. In any case, it’s interesting to see that there are 17.9% of you that ignore points balance, wasn’t expecting that.
Another one that was quite expected, but still interesting to see. Most people play with physical models from other companies, and only a small percentage play with paper minis. The spread of 3D models is pretty even, which I would assume is because 3D printing players often mix and match between minis from different creators.
Last but not least, the open feedback box. As always, everyone has been super sweet and shown their love for the projeect, and I really really appreciate it. At the end of the day, I do this for you peeps, so it’s awesome to see people happy! :D
Now, let me go over some of the most frequently mentioned feedback:
- Army Roster App – There is currently work being done on a webapp that is going to allow you to easily put together your lists to play, as well as allow you to create your own army lists (using the point calculator) and easily share them with the community. No idea when it will be done, but stay tuned.
- Dungeon Crawler – Lots of you asked about the making of a solo/coop dungeon crawl game, and we’re actually working on that right now, with a game called Sellswords. The game is still in early access on Patreon, and we’re hoping to get that done and released to the public soon!
- Small-Scale Games/Models – As per the games results above, we know that lots of players enjoy small-scale games, and we haven’t been idle about that. We are working on a new line of small-scale models as we speak, and once we’ve released Sellswords, we will focus on a small-scale game as well.
- More Original Armies – Many of you asked if we could make more original armies, and we’re happy to say that we do plan on releasing more new armies soon. We’d like to first complete the armies we already started, but then we want to alternate between a classic army and an original army. We’re also going to put more effort into making sure that even our classic armies have a much more unique feel, so that they truly belong to OPR.
- Printable Terrain – We’re currently in the early stages of producing our first 3D printable terrain sets, but if you’re into papercraft, then you can already get paper terrain sets by OPR on Patreon and WGV/DTRPG. We currently have a grimdark set ready, and are working on the release of a fantasy set as well.
That’s it for now, there was lots of other feedback, but with 100+ messages I won’t be able to list them all here. Nonetheless, I’ve read every single one of them, and I am happy to say that many of your wishes will come true in the future, keep your eyes peeled. :)
New Loyalty Reward Units
Last month we revealed our new loyalty rewards, and now we finally have rules for them!
Check out the Alien Hives for the Hive Titan rules, and the Duchies of Vinci for the Walking Fortress rules. These two massive behemoths are truly a sight to behold, as are true forces of destruction on the tabletop. :D
FTL on Patreon Again
Warfleets: FTL was originally developed on Patreon under the early access label, meaning that once the game has been completed, it would be removed and only be available for sale on our WGV/DTRPG stores.
Well, after many many fan requests, we have decided to bring Warfleets: FTL back on Patreon, making it a permanent reward like our other Full Rulebooks. We think that it’s worth it to give new players a chance to discover the game like that, and we also having something new cooking to be revealed later…
Arena Games Moved
As announced last week, the OPR Arena games are now officially on hiatus, and we have removed them from the main games page, as well as from our WGV/DTRPG stores.
Don’t worry though, if you’re into arena, you can still find it in the One-Off Games.
That’s it for this week, hope you enjoyed the survey results! :D
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules