This past week we ran our bi-annual community survey, and finally the results are in. Once again the survey has grown by a lot, with 900+ responses, and 400+ comments for us to read!
There’s lots of stuff to go through, so we’ll try to keep this as brief as possible.
Which of these game ideas are you most interested in?
The results here are very similar to our last survey, with mech combat, small-scale games, and skirmish adventure games taking the lead. Good thing that we’re working on all of these already. :)
Which of the OPR games do you play?
Compared to our last poll, it’s interesting to see that as our audience has grown, the number of FTL players has remained about the same. Later this year we’re going to make some big updates to FTL, which will hopefully open the game up to a bigger audience.
How would you like to learn about OPR lore?
In our last poll there was no option for faction guides, and boy are we glad we added it. Whilst the demand for almost everything has stayed the same, faction guides has now become the most popular choice amongst our fans. Realistically, it’s going to take at least 6-12 months before we can start releasing faction guides on a regular basis, but it’s good to see that there’s interest in them.
Do you play using OPR miniatures?
It’s very interesting to see that ~70% of players actually play using OPR miniatures, as we would have expected that number to be much lower until recently. This gives us confidence that our audience responds well to our minis, and that we can keep making players happy with them.
Which Grimdark Future armies do you play?
The player numbers for the different factions have stayed more or less the same as usual, but now with the addition of the Jackals and Eternal Dynasty, which have a solid number of players. As we release more models for different armies, we expect those to go up in ranking as well.
Which Age of Fantasy armies do you play?
Here we have essentially the same results as above, however it seems that Saurians got even more players than before, remaining our most popular faction of all time (which makes sense, because they’re awesome).
Which Warfleets: FTL factions do you play?
FTL fleet numbers have stayed about the same, however Progenitors have now overtaken Xenos in popularity, and the number of players using “Other” fleets has almost doubled (very curious).
Which of these community tools are you interested in?
This was a new question on the poll, and it’s a very interesting result, because we didn’t expect the OPR Wiki to be such a popular choice amongst players. The current wiki is frankly sub-par, and we’re planning on staring a completely new wiki, on a better platform, and with much more content in the future.
Which OPR merch would you be interested in?
Another new question on the poll, and one that we were very curious about. We used to have a merch store a few years back, but decided to shut it down as it didn’t get a lot of traffic. Seeing that 60% of our audience might be interested in buying some merch is very cool, and as we produce more and more cool art, we think merch could be a great opportunity to spread some of the awesomeness around.
Do you have any suggestions for things we should do with OPR (new games, armies, features, etc.)?
Alright, this is the big one. As you can imagine, with over 400 messages, it’s impossible for us to cover everything, but here’s some of the most important takeaways for this survey.
- Communication: There are still a ton of players that asked for content we already make, which means that our communication is still not that great. We are currently in the process of doing a big website update, which should go live in the next 9-18 months, and which should hopefully resolve a lot of these questions.
- Example Army Lists: We got a ton of people asking for us to provide some examples of army lists for each army, so that they can get into the game quicker. This is going to be one of those things that will be included as part of our OPR Wiki re-building, giving players a single place to find pre-made army lists.
- Player Finder: Many of you have asked for a player finder, which clearly shows us that nobody uses the forum, because we have a game finder board there. We’re currently thinking about how a finder system could be implemented, and it might come with the new website, but no promises.
- Starter Sets: There were many requests for 3D print or physical starter sets, which is something that we’ve been thinking about for a while, and are looking for a good way to implement. Seeing so many people ask for it is definitely giving us motivation to push it further.
- More Game Content: Lots of players asked for more campaigns, mission packs, and solo/coop games. We’re currently working on all of those, it’s just taking longer to develop than we expected. Once we’ve got the production pipeline well oiled, then we’ll be churning out lots of game content on the regular.
- Volunteers Program: This was unexpected, but tons of you asked for some sort of volunteers program, in order to help spread the word about OPR games. We’ve never done something like this, but we’ll look into it, and see what sort of tools we can provide to help people run demos and recruit new players.
- Organized Events Support: Tying into the previous point, there were many comments about providing support for organized events, be it tournaments or otherwise. This is definitely something that we want to support, and are working on some ways to provide event kits and prizes.
The first half of 2022 has been a wild ride for OPR, the project has been growing at an incredible pace, doubling in supporter numbers, which has been both great and problematic. As many of you know, I have been running this project by myself for the last 8 years, and it’s been kind of hard to manage this incredible growth all by myself.
In order to make sure that I can keep expanding OPR to achieve all of these things you’re hoping for, I’ve been growing the team by a lot over the last six months, which has temporarily slowed down the production of many things. That being said, having a bigger team, with members that can take care of different things independently, means that now we’re getting back into gear to fulfill all of our promises.
If everything goes well, there are a ton of things you can look forward to in 2022, such as new games, expansions, short stories, world guides, and of course lots of awesome miniatures. Thank you everyone for your continuous support, none of this would be possible without you, and we’re all working extremely hard to hopefully make you proud! :)
New Physical Minis Discount
As you know, we always try to provide more value for our supporters, and today is one of those days. :)
Over the last 6 months many Patrons kept asking us if it would be possible to have a discount for our physical models on Only-Games, and finally we have an answer!
Starting today all tiers will get a 5% discount code every month, which can be used unlimited times per month. If you’re already a Tier 1 patron, grab it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/60631647
Due to how print-on-demand production works, handing out discount codes is not as straight forward as with digital products, so this is a trial run for us. If this goes well, and the discount code doesn’t cause any issues, then we’ll keep the discount code around (plus maybe add a special 10% discount for stretch goal months).
Sirius Business – S01E02
Follow the adventures of Spoon & Tröt as they explore the Sirius Sector and beyond!
Check out previous episodes here: https://onepagerules.com/comics/
New Video Content
That’s it for today, have a nice weekend everyone. :)
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules