As some of you might have noticed already, lately our weekly updates have been a little scarce on info, but that doesn’t mean that things aren’t progressing at a steady pace behind the scenes.
To keep you in the loop, here’s the major things we’re currently working on, and some of the things that we’re going to start working on in the coming months:
- v2.50 + WebApp/ArmyForge – Lately we haven’t had a ton of time to work on the v2.50 rules, but work on the WebApp/ArmyForge continues steadily. We’re hoping to have the Hive City Gangs and War Cry Clans completed by the end of April (it’s a LOT of factions put together), but no promises, sorry.
- Warfleets: FTL Re-Vamp – Over the past few months we’ve started working on a re-vamp of FTL, bringing the game into the Grimdark Future universe. As part of this change, we’re completely re-working and expanding all of the factions, with more ships, heroes, upgrades, and more. The goal is to expand the game to feature 16 GF factions (almost tripling the content), which we think will be absolutely epic.
- AoF: Sellswords – Whilst we have been very quiet on the Sellswords front, development on the game is still pushing forward, albeit quite slowly. This is a game that has taken a lot longer to develop than anything else, but it’s because we want to make sure that it’s as amazing as you deserve to get.
- Small-Scale Games – This is a highly anticipated project, which we’ve been working on relentlessly for a while now, and are hoping to release later this year. The small-scale games are going to allow you to play truly massive battles, and we’re also working on a line of miniatures for them to bring them to life. The rules are still in the very early stages, but are looking quite promising, so we’re very hyped about this one.
- Army Backgrounds – 2022 is going to be the year in which we push OPR lore in a big way, starting with a complete overhaul and expansions of the background lore you can find on the army lists. A lot of the current lore is going to change, and we’re eager to show you what we’ve got cooking.
- Short Stories – For those that love to read, we’re planning on releasing monthly short stories, which will further expand the lore of the games, and give you an insight into what it’s like to inhabit our worlds.
- Narrative Campaigns – For those that want some lore, but also want to game, we’re planning on regularly releasing new narrative campaigns, which focus on giving you action packed missions, combined with awesome stories, as well as introducing some cool campaign specific characters (we don’t want named characters as part of our army lists).
- World Guides – This is the big one. For those that want to further sink their teeth into the lore, we’re working on complete world guides, which are 30-35 page booklets filled with art and lore, that will serve as the basis to understand how our worlds work.
- Faction Guides – After the wold guides, we’re going to start releasing faction guides, which delve into specific factions, with tons of info on their history, culture, locations, armies, and so on (these won’t contain any rules at all, they are purely about lore).
- Comic Strip – For those that are curious about the lore, but want a more light hearted take on it, we’re working on a comic strip series that gives you a funny insight into our worlds. We’ve got someone really special to work on them, but this is still very early stages, so no promises at this point.
- New Website – Finally, we’ve slowly been working on a complete overhaul of our website, which we think is currently quite lacking. OPR has grown a lot over the last couple of years, and we think that our website still feels very amateurish in contrast to how professional the project has become. Our goal is to not only make sure that our new website looks great and gives people more confidence in our project, but also to optimize it to make it much easier to navigate and find the content you’re looking for, especially as we offer more and more things to our fans.
As you can see, we are far from resting on our laurels, and OPR is pushing on in new and exciting directions, which we think will make even more players happy to be part of this amazing hobby.
We hope that this update has got you hyped for what’s coming next, and we can’t wait to release all of this content for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for being our fans! :)
New Video Content
That’s it for today, have a nice weekend everyone. :)
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules