Today we’re really happy to announce that we’ve updated our Point Calculators with lots of cool new stuff, plus we’re bringing you one of the many upcoming re-workings of game rules with an update to the Solo AI Rules.
Point Calculators Update
For those of you that are unfamiliar with them, the Point Calculators are booklets with all of the rules and systems we use to create all units in the game, which are available via our Patreon page.
Until now the Point Calculators were pretty cool already, but they felt a little incomplete, especially after the big army updates we did a couple of months ago. So in order to provide our players with the best content we can, we’ve decided to go back and re-work the Point Calculators to bring them to a new glory.
The new versions of the Point Calculators were upgraded with a new layout to make everything clearer to read, as well as having all sections revised to make sure they’re as easy to understand as possible.
On top of that we’ve now added a couple of cool new features:
- Army Checklist – There’s now a handy checklist in the army creation guidelines that helps you make sure your custom created armies have everything they need to be balanced with all of the official armies in the game.
- Spell List Creation – We’ve added a new section on how to create your own spell lists and make sure that they’re balanced like the ones from the official armies, as well as the full roster of 35+ spell types that are available in the game.
- Converting Armies to Firefight/Skirmish – Finally by popular demand there’s also a new section dedicated to how you can convert your custom armies for skirmish games, making sure that you have all the tools you need to play at any game size.
If you’ve always wanted to create your own armies this is the ultimate tool you need in your arsenal, and if you’ve already got the Point Calculator before, then this new version is definitely worth checking out, as it’s the most complete version yet.
The Point Calculators are available only here: www.patreon.com/onepagerules
Solo AI Rules Update
Lately we’ve been working hard at updating a lot of the existing rules, which we’ll be releasing over the next couple of weeks, among other cool new stuff. ;)
Today we’re starting with the Solo AI Rules, which definitely needed an overhaul in terms of how they were written, as well as some other details here and there. We hope that these new versions make it even easier for you to play games against the AI, and if you have any feedback on how we can improve them further please let us know!
Here the full changelog:
- Overall re-wrote many sections to make them clearer
- Hybrid units that are moving toward objectives and have no valid targets will now take rush actions instead of advance actions
- Clarified how to identify enemies that are in the way, and that the AI will consider targets in proximity as valid even if not technically in the way
- Re-wrote the controlling objectives rules to clarify that non-seized objectives with more friendly non-pinned units than enemies within 3″ already count as controlled
- Clarified that the advancing rules apply to shooting and hybrid units only
- AI units with Deadly will now target single-model units first, prioritizing those with the lowest remaining wounds
- AI units with Indirect now always use Hold actions if they are in range of enemies
- Firefight/Skirmish: When setting up objectives the table area is now split into 4 instead of 6, and when deploying units and activating them the table are is now split into 2 instead of 3
Open Call for Writers
Finally just a small update regarding the open call for writers!
We’ve received over 40 submissions, which is way more than we could’ve ever hoped for, and we’re really thankful for everyone that participated.
Since there were so many submissions we weren’t able to read them all yet, but we’re going to get back to the writers as soon as we have decided who we’d like to move forward with for our content.
Honestly it’s really hard to let people down, and it’s so cool that we’ve got so many submissions that we’re thinking about how we could maybe get everyone together to make something cool, a sort of community campaign or something.
Anyway, nothing sure yet, but thanks again for all the submissions. :D
That’s it for today, next week we’ve hopefully got some even more exciting things for you, but honestly… there’s going to be lots of cool new stuff for a while now!
Support us on Patreon: patreon.com/onepagerules